Cryan, R.A. and Menon, M. (2005) Spectral characterisation of nk pulse position modulation format. Electronics letters, 41 (23). pp. 1293-1294. ISSN 0013-5194
nk pulse position modulation (PPM) is a new modulation format that has recently been proposed for the optical wireless channel. This Letter considers, for the first time, a full spectral characterisation of -PPM and presents original expressions, which are validated numerically, for predicting both the continuous and discrete spectrum.▼ Jump to Download Statistics
|Additional Information:||This paper is a postprint of a paper submitted to and accepted for publication in Electronics letters and is subject to Institution of Engineering and Technology Copyright. The copy of record is available at IET Digital Library.|
|Uncontrolled Keywords:||nk pulse position modulation power spectral density|
|Subjects:||T Technology > TK Electrical engineering. Electronics Nuclear engineering|
|Schools:||School of Computing and Engineering|
1. CRYAN, R.A., UNWIN, R.T., GARRETT, I. SIBLEY, M.J.N., CALVERT, N.M.: ‘Optical fibre digital pulse position modulation assuming a gaussian pulse shape’, IEE Proc. J. Optoelectronics, 1990, 137, (4), pp. 89-96.
2. LEE, D.C., KAHN, J.M. ‘Coding and equalization for PPM on wireless infrared channels”, GLOBECOM 98, 1998, Vol. 1, pp. 201-6.
3. CRYAN, R.A., PHILLIPS, A.J., SENIOR, J.M. ‘Novel laser intersatellite system employing optically preamplified PPM receivers’, IEE Proc. Communications, 1995, 142, (1), pp. 15-20.
4. SUGIYAMA, H., NOSU, K. ‘MPPM: A method for improving the band-utilization efficiency in optical PPM’, J. Lightware Tech., 1989, 7, (3), pp. 465-72.
5. PARK, H., BARRY, J.R. ‘Trellis-coded multiple pulse position modulation for wireless infrared communications’, IEEE. Trans. Commun., 2004, 52, (4), pp. 643-51
6. CRYAN, R.A., SIBLEY, M.J.N. ‘ pulse position modulation for optical wireless communication’, Electron. Lett., 2005, 41, (18), pp. 1022-24.
7. CRYAN, R.A. ‘Spectral characterisation of dicode PPM format’, Electron. Lett., 2005, 41, (3), pp. 149-51.
|Depositing User:||Robert Cryan|
|Date Deposited:||18 May 2007|
|Last Modified:||06 Nov 2015 08:30|
Downloads per month over past year
Repository Staff Only: item control page