Teviotdale, Wilma (2009) Teaching intervention: final report. Project Report. The University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield, UK. (Unpublished)
Download (102kB) | Preview
|Microsoft Word |
Restricted to Repository staff only
I aimed to investigate how to achieve:
• a greater student understanding of essay style coursework requirements and particularly accompanying assessment criteria
• better performance on essay style coursework
• an understanding of whether students transfer this greater understanding to other courseworks.
Specific research questions addressed:
• Would development of a dialogue between tutor and students assist a greater understanding of assessment criteria in essays set?
• Would the use of peer and self assessment help this process of improving understanding of assessment criteria?
• Would active engagement of students in reviewing past exemplars of student essays help this process of understanding assessment criteria?
• Would a greater understanding of assessment criteria improve performance?
• Would students be able to ‘feed forward’ into future courseworks from past experience and demonstrate a reflection on their work to improve performance?
I undertook this intervention with Accountancy undergraduate students on:
• two honours level modules with an eight-week common teaching period in term 1. The modules were Advanced Corporate Reporting (ACR) and Evaluating Corporate Reports (ECR)
• a discursive area covering accounting theories underpinning practices in accounting
• 66 students, most of whom took part in the first stages of the process; the full process of intervention was carried out on ECR module with 18 students. .
|Item Type:||Monograph (Project Report)|
|Subjects:||L Education > L Education (General)|
L Education > LB Theory and practice of education > LB2300 Higher Education
|Schools:||The Business School|
The Business School > Diversity and Education Management Research Group
The Business School > Learning Development Research Group
|Depositing User:||Sara Taylor|
|Date Deposited:||10 Feb 2011 15:12|
|Last Modified:||31 May 2011 16:21|
Downloader CountriesMore statistics for this item...
Item control for Repository Staff only: