1. Park CH, Lee ES, Lee H. A review on research in ultra precision engineering at KIMM. International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture 1999; 39: 1793–1805.
2. Chenga H-B, Fenga Z-J, Chengb K, Wanga Y-W. Design of a six-axis high precision machine tool and its application in machining aspherical optical mirrors. International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture 2005; 45: 1085–1094.
3. Zhang Q D, Shan X C. Dynamic characteristics of micro air bearings for Microsystems. Microsystem technologies 2008; 14 (2): 229-234.
4. TalkeFE. Tribology in magnetic recording technology. Industrial Lubrication and Tribology 2000; 52 (4): 157-165.
5. Fukumoto P, Allen N, Stonesifer G. Development of an air-bearing fan for space extravehicular activity (EVA) suit ventilation. In: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Environmental Systems, 1992. Seattle: SAE; 1992. p 1-9.
6. v.Seggelena JK, Rosiellea PCJN, Schellekensa PHJ, Spaanb HAM, Bergmansc RH, Kottec GJWL. An Elastically Guided Machine Axis with Nanometer Repeatability. CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology 2005, 54 (1): 487-490.
7. Stout KJ, Pink EG. Orifice compensated EP gas bearings: the significance of errors of manufacture. Tribology International 1980;13(2):105–11.
8. Kwan Y-BP, Post JB. A tolerancing procedure for inherently compensated, rectangular aerostatic thrust bearings. Tribology International 2000; 33: 581–585.
9. Li Y, Ding H. Influences of the geometrical parameters of aerostatic thrust bearing with pocketed orifice -type restrictor on its performance. Tribology International 2007; 40: 1120-1126.
10. Chen X-D, HeX-M. The effect of recess shape on performance analysis of gas-lubricated bearing in optical lithography. Tribology International 2006; 39: 1336–1341.
11. Sharma RK, Pandey RK. Experimental studies of pressure distributions in finite slider bearing with single continuous surface profiles on the pads. Tribology International 2009; 42: 1040–1045.
12. Barrans SM, Bhat NJ. Manufacturing error sensitivity of flat pad air bearings. In: Proceedings of 9th International Conference and Exhibition on Laser metrology 2009, LAMDAMAP 2009. Teddington: EUSPEN; 2009.
13. Stout K J ; Barrans S.M. The design of aerostatic bearings for application to nanometre resolution manufacturing machine systems. Tribology International 2000; 33: 803–809.
14. Su Y-T, Liu S-H, Chen Y-W. A preliminary study on smoothing efficiency of surface irregularities by hydrodynamic polishing process. Wear 2001; 249: 808–820.
15. Rahman M, Lim HS, Neo KS, Senthil Kumar A, Wong YS, Li XP. Tool-based nanofinishing and micromachining. Journal of Materials Processing Technology 2007; 185: 2–16.
16. Chena S-T, Tsai M-Y, Lai Y-C, Liua C-C. Development of a micro diamond grinding tool by compound process. Journal of Materials Processing Technology 2009; 209: 4698–4703.
17. Stout KJ. Externally pressurized gas bearings. Penton Press, 2000.
18. Wang N, Chang YZ. Application of the genetic algorithm to the multi-objective optimization of air bearings. Tribol Lett 2004;17(2):119–28.
19. Jayson EM, Talke FE - Optimization of air bearing contours for shock performance of a hard disk drive. Trans ASME J Tribol 2005;127:878–83.
20. O’Hara MA, Bogy DB. Robust Design Optimization Techniques for Ultra-Low Flying Sliders. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 1995; 31 (6): 2955–2957.
21. Zhu H, Bogy DB. Direct algorithm and its application to slider air-bearing surface optimization. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 2002, 38 (5): 2168 – 2170.
22. Zhu H, Bogy DB. Hard disc drive air bearing design: modified DIRECT algorithm and its application to slider air bearing surface optimization. Tribol Int 2004;37:193–201.
23. Bhat N, Barrans SM. Design and test of a Pareto optimal flat pad aerostatic bearing. Tribology International 2008; 41: 181–188.
24. Wang N, Tsai C-M, Cha K-C. Optimum design of externally pressurized air bearing using Cluster OpenMP. Tribology International 2009; 42: 1180–1186.
25. Barrans S, Bhat N. Design of flat bed aerostatic bearings with the aid of finite element analysis. In: Proceedings of the 6th international Laser Metrology and Machine Performance conference, 2003. WIT Press, Southampton, 2003. pp. 361-370.
26. Al-Bender F, Van Brussel H. Symmetric radial laminar channel flow with particular reference to aerostatic bearings. Transactions of ASME 1992; 114: 630-636.
27. Liu Z-S , Zhang G-H, Xu H-J. Performance analysis of rotating externally pressurized air bearings. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology 2009; 223 (4): 653-663.
28. Stout KJ, EI-Ashkar S, Ghasi V, Tawfik M. Theoretical analysis of two configurations of flat pad aerostatic bearings using pocketed orifice restrictors. Tribology International 1993; 26 (4): 265-273.
29. Stout KJ, Rowe WB. Externally Pressurised Bearings - Design for Manufacture Including a tolerancing Procedure. Tribology 1974; August: 169 – 180.
30. Pink EG, Stout KJ. Design procedures for orifice compensated gas journal bearings based on
experimental data. Tribology International 1978; February: 63-75.
31. Salem E, Khalil F. Choked flow in externally pressurized spherical gas bearings. Wear 1978; 47: 61–70.
32. Rahman M, Lim HS, Neo KS, Senthil Kumar A, Wong YS, Li XP. Tool-based nanofinishing and micromachining. Journal of Materials Processing Technology 2007; 185: 2–16.
33. Beaucamp A, Freeman R, Morton R, Ponudurai K, Walker DD. Removal of diamond-turning signatures on x-ray mandrels and metal optics by fluid-jet polishing. Proceedings of SPIE 2008; 7018.
34. Paula G. Automating lens manufacturing. Mechanical Engineering 1997; 119 (3): 88–91.
35. Chenga H-B, Fenga Z-J, Chengb K, Wanga Y-W. Design of a six-axis high precision machine tool and its application in machining aspherical optical mirrors. International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture 2005; 45: 1085–1094.
36. Katahira K, Ohmori H, Anzai M, Yamagata Y, Makinouchi A, Moriyasu S, Lin W. Development of large ultraprecision mirror surface grinding system with elid. In: 10th International Conference on Precision Engineering (ICPE) 2001, Yokohama, Japan, 10.1007/0-306-47000-4_156.
38. Charlton P, Blunt L, Polishing Freeform implant surfaces using a 7 axis CNC polishing machine. In: Proceedings of 7th International Laser Metrology and Machine Performance Conference 2005. EUSPEN; 2005: 322-331.
39. Charlton P, Blunt LA. Surface and form metrology of polished “freeform” biological surfaces. Wear 2008; 264: pp 394–399.
40. Barrans SM, Yao S, Charlton P, Profiled surface aerostatic bearings. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Laser Metrology and Machine Performance conference, 2007. EUSPEN; 2007. p 242-251.
41. Thomas M, Sander M. Improving Optical Free-Form Production. Photonics Spectra 2006, September Issue.