1. Ashworth, A. (McLaughlin, E., Fergusson, G. and Westmarland, L. eds.) (2003) Is restorative justice the way forward in criminal justice?. Restorative Justice: Critical Issues Sage , London
2. (2003) Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO). http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news_info/info/rj/pdf/acpo1.pdf
3. Blunkett, D. (2000) DfEE DfEE , London - Secretary of State's ESRC Lecture 2 February 2000
4. Braithwaite, J. (1989) Crime, Shame and Reintegration Cambridge University Press , Cambridge
5. Braithwaite, J. (Tonry, M. ed.) (1999) Restorative justice: Assessing optimistic and pessimistic accounts. Crime and Justice: A Review of Research 25 , University of Chicago Press , Chicago [ crossref ]
6. Cabinet Office (1999) Modernizing Government Stationery Office , London
7. Chapman, S. and Savage, S. (1998) Singing from the same hymn sheet: The professionalisation of the Association of Chief Police Officers. International Journal of Police Science and Management 1 , pp. 6-16.
8. Cook, T.D. and Campbell, D.T. (1979) Quasi-experimentation: Design and Analysis Issues for Field Settings Rand McNally College , Chicago
9. Crawford, A. (Young, R. and Wall, D. eds.) (1996) Alternatives to prosecution: Access to, or exits from, criminal justice?. Access to Criminal Justice Blackstone Press , London
10. Crawford, A. and Newburn, T. (2003) Youth Offending and Restorative Justice: Implementing Reform in Youth Justice Willan , Cullompton
11. Daly, K. (2002) Restorative justice: The real story. Punishment and Society 4:1 , pp. 55-79. [ crossref ]
12. Davey, L. (2005) The Development of Restorative Justice in the United Kingdom: A Personal Perspective. Paper given at the Sixth International Conference on Conferencing, Circles and other Restorative Practices Penrith, New South Wales, Australia pp. 3-5.
13. Dykehouse, S.G. and Seigler, R.T. (2000) Use of the world wide web, hyperlinks, and managing the news by criminal justice agencies. Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies and Management 23:3 , pp. 318-338. [ crossref ]
14. Ericson, R. (Stenning, P.C. ed.) (1995) The news media and account ability in criminal justice. Accountability for Criminal Justice pp. 135-161. University of Toronto Press , Toronto
15. Ericson, R., Baranek, P. and Chan, J. (1989) Negotiating Control - A Study of News Sources University of Toronto Press , Toronto
16. Farrington, D.P. (1977) The effects of public labelling. British Journal of Criminology 17:2 , pp. 112-125.
17. Hill, R., Cooper, K., Young, R. and Hoyle, C. (2003) Centre for Criminological Research Centre for Criminological Research , Oxford - Occasional Paper no. 21
18. Home Office (2003) Restorative Justice: The Government's Strategy Home Office , London
19. Hoyle, C. and Young, R. (McConville, M. and Wilson, G. eds.) (2002) Restorative justice: Assessing the prospects and pitfalls. The Handbook of the Criminal Justice Process Oxford University Press , Oxford
20. Hoyle, C. and Young, R. (Newburn, T. ed.) (2003) Restorative justice, victims and the police. Handbook of Policing Willan , Cullompton
21. Hoyle, C., Young, R. and Hill, R. (2002) Proceed with Caution: An Evaluation of the Thames Valley Police Initiative in Restorative Cautioning Joseph Rowntree Foundation , York
22. Innes, M. (1999) The media as an investigative resource in police murder enquiries. British Journal of Criminology 39:2 , pp. 269-286. [ crossref ]
23. Lee, M. (Noakes, L., Maguire, M. and Levi, M. eds.) (1995) Pre-court diversion and youth justice. Contemporary Issues in Criminology University of Wales Press , Cardiff
24. Leishman, F. and Mason, P. (2003) Policing and the Media Willan , Cullompton
25. Loader, I. and Mulcahy, A. (2001a) The power of legitimate naming: Part II - making sense of the elite police voice. British Journal of Criminology 41:3 , pp. 252-265. [ crossref ]
26. Loader, I. and Mulcahy, A. (2001b) The power of legitimate naming: Part I - Chief Constables as social commentators in post-war England. British Journal of Criminology 41:1 , pp. 41-55. [ crossref ]
27. Maguire, M. (2004) The Crime Reduction Programme in England and Wales: Reflections on the vision and the reality. Criminal Justice 4:3 , pp. 213-237. [ crossref ]
28. Manning, P. (1997) Police Work: The Social Organization of Policing 2nd edn, Waveland Press , Prospect Heights, IL
29. Mawby, R.C. (2002) Policing Images: Policing Communication and Legitimacy in Modern Britain Willan , Cullompton
30. Mawby, R.C. (Mason, P. ed.) (2003) Completing the 'half-formed picture'? Media images of policing. Criminal Visions: Media Representations of Crime and Justice Willan , Cullompton
31. McCulloch, H. (1996a) Shop Theft: Improving the Police Response Briefing Note, Home Office , London
32. McCulloch, H. (1996b) Home Office Home Office , London - Crime Detection and Prevention Series, Paper 76
33. Miers, D., Maguire, M. and Goldie, S. (2001) Home Office Home Office , London - Crime Reduction Research Series Paper 9
34. Moore, D. and Forsythe, L. (1995) A New Approach to Juvenile Justice: An Evaluation of Family Conferencing in Wagga Wagga Charles Sturt University, Wagga , Wagga
35. Morris, A. and Young, W. (Strang, H. and Braithwaite, J. eds.) (2000) Reforming criminal justice: The potential of restorative justice. Restorative Justice: Philosophy to Practice Ashgate , Aldershot
36. Moxon, D. (1998) Reducing Offending: An Assessment of Research Evidence on Ways of Dealing with Offending Behaviour Home Office - eds
37. (2004) Criminal Justice and Political Cultures Cullompton - eds
38. O'Mahoney, D. and Doak, J. (2004) Restorative justice ? is more better? The experience of police-led restorative cautioning pilots in Northern Ireland. Howard Journal of Criminal Justice 43:5 , pp. 484-505.
39. Pollard, C. (1996) Public safety, accountability and the courts. Criminal Law Review pp. 152-161.
40. Pollard, C. (2000) Victims and the criminal justice system: A new vision. Criminal Law Review pp. 5-17.
41. Pollard, C. (Strang, H. and Braithwaite, J. eds.) (2001) If your only tool is a hammer, all your problems will look like nails. Restorative Justice and Civil Society Cambridge University Press , Cambridge
42. Reiner, R. (1992) Chief Constables Oxford University Press , Oxford
43. Reiner, R. (Maguire, M., Morgan, R. and Reiner, R. eds.) (2002) Media-made criminality. The Oxford Handbook of Criminology 3rd edn, Oxford University Press , Oxford
44. Riddle, M. (2004) Face to Face, a Victim Seeks Justice from her Burglar. - 5th December 2004
45. Roberts, C. (2004) An early evaluation of a cognitive offending behaviour programme ('Think First') in probation areas. Vista 8:3 , pp. 130-136.
46. Rock, P. (2004) Constructing Victims' Rights: The Home Office, New Labour, and Victims Oxford University Press , Oxford
47. Rutherford, A. (1996) Transforming Criminal Policy Waterside Press , Winchester
48. Savage, S., Charman, S. and Cope, S. (2000a) Policing & the Power of Persuasion: The Changing Role of the Association of Chief Police Officers Blackstone Press , London
49. Savage, S., Charman, S. and Cope, S. (Leishman, F., Loveday, B. and Savage, S. eds.) (2000b) The policy-making context: Who shapes policing policy?. Core Issues in Policing 2nd edn, Pearson Education Ltd , Harlow
50. Shapland, J., Atkinson, A. and Colledge, E. (2004) http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs04/rdsolr3204.pdf Home Office Home Office , London - A Report on the First YearHome Office Online Report 32/04
51. Sharpe, J.A. (1985) Last dying speeches': Religion, ideology and public execution in seventeenth-century England. Past and Present 107 , pp. 104-167. [ crossref ]
52. Sherman, L., Strang, H. and Woods, D. (2000) http://www.aic.gov.au/rjustice/rise/recidivism/results.html Australia National University Australia National University , Canberra
53. Sherman, L. and Strang, H. (2004) http://www.sas.upenn.edu/jerrylee/rjWorkingPaper1.pdf
54. Wall, D.S. (1998) The Chief Constables of England and Wales: The Socio-Legal History of a Criminal Justice Elite Ashgate , Aldershot
55. Wilcox, A. (2003) Evidence-based youth justice? Some valuable lessons from an evaluation for the Youth Justice Board. Youth Justice 3:1 , pp. 19-33. [ crossref ]
56. Wilcox, A., Young, R. and Hoyle, C. (2004) http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs04/rdsolr5704.pdf Home Office Home Office , London - Home Office Online Report 57/04
57. Willcock, R. (1999) K2 Management Development.
58. Wykes, M. (2001) News Crime & Culture Pluto , London
59. Young, R. and Goold, B. (1999) Restorative police cautioning in Aylesbury - from degrading to reintegrative shaming ceremonies?. Criminal Law Review pp. 126-138.
60. Young, R. and Hoyle, C. (von Hirsch, A., Roberts, J. and Bottoms, A. eds.) (2003a) New, improved police-led restorative justice? Action-research and the Thames Valley Police initiative. Restorative Justice and Criminal Justice: Competing or Reconcilable Paradigms? Hart Publishing , Oxford
61. Young, R. and Hoyle, C. (McConville, S. ed.) (2003b) Restorative justice and punishment. The Use of Punishment Willan , Cullompton