Wang, Kaiwei, Zeng, L. and Yin, C. (2003) Influence of the incident wave-front on intensity distribution nondiffracting beam used in large-scale measurement. Optics Communications, 216. pp. 99-103. ISSN 0030-4018
Restricted to Registered users only
Nondiffracting beam is suitable for large-scale straightness measurement because it is much less influenced by atmospheric turbulence than other beams. Based on the energy conservation theory, a binary optical element (BOE) that is used to transform an incident plane wave or divergent spherical wave into a nondiffracting beam was fabricated. We compared intensity distribution of the nondiffracting beam at different propagation distances between a plane wave incidence and a divergent spherical wave incidence based on the scalar diffraction theory and experiment results, and found that by using the same BOE, the propagation range of nondiffracting beam generated by a divergent spherical wave is longer than that generated by a plane wave.
|Additional Information:||UoA 25 (General Engineering) Copyright © 2007 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved. ScienceDirect® is a registered trademark of Elsevier B.V.|
|Subjects:||T Technology > TA Engineering (General). Civil engineering (General)|
Q Science > QC Physics
|Schools:||School of Computing and Engineering|
School of Computing and Engineering > Centre for Precision Technologies
School of Computing and Engineering > Centre for Precision Technologies > Surface Metrology Group
1. T. Aruga, S.W. Li, S. Yoshikado, M. Takabe and R.M. Li. Appl. Opt. 38 (1999), p. 3152. View Record in Scopus | Cited By in Scopus
2. R.M. Herman and T.A. Wiggins. J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 8 (1991), p. 932.
3. J.H. Mcleod. J. Opt. Soc. Am. 44 (1954), p. 592.
4. X. Junquan, B. Hongchun and W. Minxian. Chin. J. Lasers B 8 (1999), p. 55.
5. M.R. Wang, C.Y. Yu and A.J. Varela. Opt. Eng. 40 (2001), p. 517. Full Text via CrossRef | View Record in Scopus | Cited By in Scopus
6. T. Aruga. Appl. Opt. 36 (1997), p. 3762. View Record in Scopus | Cited By in Scopus
7. J. Sochacki, A. Kolodziejcayk, Z. Jaroszewicz et al.. Appl. Opt. 31 (1992), p. 5326.
8. T.J. Suleski and D. Co’shea. Appl. Opt. 34 (1995), p. 7507.
|Depositing User:||Briony Heyhoe|
|Date Deposited:||18 Jul 2007|
|Last Modified:||03 Dec 2010 08:55|
Downloads per month over past year
Repository Staff Only: item control page