Ophiyandri, Taufika, Amaratunga, Dilanthi, Pathirage, Chaminda and Keraminiyage, Kaushal (2013) Critical success factors for community‐based post‐disaster housing reconstruction projects in the pre‐construction stage in Indonesia. International Journal of Disaster Resilience in the Built Environment, 4 (2). pp. 236-249. ISSN 1759-5908Metadata only available from this repository.
– The purpose of this paper is to investigate the critical success factors (CSFs) of community‐based post‐disaster housing reconstruction projects (CPHRP) during the pre‐construction stage.
– An extensive literature review and interviews were undertaken to establish selected factors contributing to the success of community‐based post disaster housing reconstruction projects. Following this, a questionnaire survey was administered to key stakeholders in order to perceive their view on CSFs of CPHRP. Data were analysed by deploying statistical software.
– It was found that 12 factors are considered to be the CSFs: transparency and accountability, appropriate reconstruction policy/strategy, an understanding of the community‐based method, gathering trust from the community, facilitator capacity, good coordination and communication, sufficient funding availability, implementer capacity, having a significant level of community participation/control, government support, involvement of all community members, and successful beneficiary identification.
– The establishment of CSFs in CPHRP helps key stakeholders to identify factors that must exist and go well during pre‐construction of CPHRP, in order to ensure the success of the programme.
– The paper is very specific as it attempts to discover the CSFs of CPHRP during the pre‐construction stage.
|Subjects:||T Technology > T Technology (General)
T Technology > TH Building construction
|Schools:||School of Art, Design and Architecture
School of Art, Design and Architecture > Global Disaster Resilience Centre
|Depositing User:||Sharon Beastall|
|Date Deposited:||25 Feb 2016 11:49|
|Last Modified:||25 Feb 2016 12:22|
Downloads per month over past year
Repository Staff Only: item control page