1. J. Fraser, Do we value research?, Science and Justice, 48 (2008) 163.
2. L. Geddes, Forensic evidence goes on trial, New Scientist, 201 (2009) 6.
3. A. Rennison, Does quality matter? Lund Lecture of the British Academy of Forensic Sciences. 2010: UK.
4. B.J. Jones, Nano fingerprints, Materials Today, 14 (2011) 567.
5. M. Paine, H.L. Bandey, S.M. Bleay, and H. Willson, The effect of relative humidity on the effectiveness of the cyanoacrylate fuming process for fingermark development and on the microstructure of the developed marks, Forensic Sci. Int., 212 (2011) 130.
6. L. Spinney, The Fineprint, Nature, 464 (2010) 344.
7. M. Page, J. Taylor, and M. Blenkin, Uniqueness in the forensic identification sciences-Fact or fiction?, Forensic Science International 206 (2011) 12.
8. B.T. Ulery, R.A. Hicklin, J. Buscaglia, and M.A. Roberts, Accuracy and reliability of forensic latent fingerprint decisions, PNAS, 108 (2011 ) 7733.
9. J.L. Mnookin, S.A. Cole, I.E. Dror, B.A.J. Fisher, M.M. Houck, K. Inman, D.H. Kaye, J.J. Koehler, G. Langenburg, D.M. Risinger, N. Rudin, J. Siegel, and D.A. Stoney, The need for a research culture in the forensic sciences, UCLA law review, 58 (2011) 725.
10. C. Champod, C. Lennard, P. Margot, and M. Stoilovic, Fingerprints and other ridge skin impressions, International forensic science and investigation series, USA: CRC Press LLC 2004.
11. J. Almog, M. Azoury, Y. Elmaliah, L. Berenstein, and A. Zaban, Fingerprints’ Third Dimension: The Depth and Shape of Fingerprints Penetration into Paper—Cross Section Examination by Fluorescence Microscopy, J. Forensic Sci., 49(5) (2004) 1.
12. N. Jones, D. Mansour, M. Stoilovic, C. Lennard, and C. Roux, The influence of polymer type, print donor and age on the quality of fingerprints developed on plastic substrates using vacuum metal deposition, Forensic Sci. Int, 124 (2001) 167.
13. A. Hemmila, J. McGill, and D. Ritter, Fourier transform infrared reflectance spectra of latent fingerprints: A biometric gauge for the age of an individual, J. Forensic Sci., 53(2) (2008) 369.
14. R.S. Croxton, M.G. Baron, D. Butler, T. Kent, and V.G. Sears, Variation in amino acid and lipid composition of latent fingerprints, Forensic Science International 199 (2010) 93.
15. J. Almog, H. Sheratzki, M. Elad-Levin, A.E. Sagiv, G.D. Singh, and O.P. Jasuja, Moistened hands do not necessarily allude to high quality fingerprints: The relationship between palmar moisture and fingerprint donorship, J. Forensic Sci., 56(S1) (2011) S162.
16. R. Jelly, E.L.T. Patton, C. Lennard, S.W. Lewisa, and K.F. Lim, The detection of latent fingermarks on porous surfaces using amino acid sensitive reagents: A review, Analytica Chimica Acta, 652 (2009) 128.
17. M.I. Szynkowska, K. Czerski, J. Grams, T. Paryjczak, and A. Parczewski, Preliminary studies using imaging mass spectrometry TOF-SIMS in detection and analysis of fingerprints, The Imaging Science Journal 55 (2007) 180.
18. M.I. Szynkowska, K. Czerski, J. Rogowski, T. Paryjczak, and A. Parczewski, ToF-SIMS application in the visualization and analysis of fingerprints after contact with amphetamine drugs, Forensic Sci. Int, 184 (2009) 24.
19. S.J. Hinder and J.F.Watts, SIMS fingerprint analysis on organic substrates, Surface and Interface Analysis, 42 (2010) 826.
20. M.I. Szynkowska, K. Czerski, J. Rogowski, T. Paryjczaka, and A. Parczewski, Detection of exogenous contaminants of fingerprints using ToF-SIMS, Surface and Interface Analysis, 42 (2010) 393.
21. J.M. Chabala, K.K. Soni, J. Li, K.L. Gavrilov, and R. Levi-Setti, High-resolution chemical imaging with scanning ion probe SIMS, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry and Ion Processes, 143 (1995) 191.
22. T. Hoshi and M. Kudo, High resolution static SIMS imaging by time of flight SIMS, Applied Surface Science, 203-204 (2003) 818.
23. A.J. Fahey, G. Gillen, P. Chi, and C.M. Mahoney, Performance of a C60+ ion source on a dynamic SIMS instrument, Applied Surface Science, 252 (2006) 7312.
24. D.R. Ifa, N.E. Manicke, A.L. Dill, and R.G. Cooks, Latent fingerprint chemical imaging by mass spectrometry, Science 321 (2008) 805.
25. M.J. Bailey, B.N. Jones, S. Hinder, J. Watts, S. Bleay, and R.P. Webb, Depth profiling of fingerprint and ink signals by SIMS and MeV SIMS, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B, 268 (2010) 1929.
26. B.J. Jones, R. Downham, and V.G. Sears, Effect of substrate surface topography on forensic development of latent fingerprints with iron oxide powder suspension, Surf Interface Anal 42 (2010) 438.
27. B.J. Jones, R. Downham, and V.G. Sears, Nanoscale analysis of the interaction between cyanoacrylate and vacuum metal deposition in the development of latent fingermarks on low-density polyethylene, J. Forensic Sci., 57 (2012) 196.
28. C. Dahlström, R. Allem, and T. Uesaka, New method for characterizing paper coating structures using argon ion beam milling and field emission scanning electron microscopy, Journal of Microscopy, 241 (2011) 179
29. A. Määttänen, P. Ihalainen, R. Bollström, S. Wang, M. Toivakka, and J. Peltonen, Enhanced Surface Wetting of Pigment Coated Paper by UVC Irradiation, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 49 (2010) 11351
30. P. Fardim and B. Holmbom, ToF-SIMS imaging: a valuable chemical microscopy technique for paper and paper coatings, Applied Surface Science, 249 (2005) 393.