Cryan, R.A. and Sibley, Martin J.N. (2005) nk-pulse position modulation for optical wireless communication. Electronics letters, 41 (18). pp. 1022-1024. ISSN 0013-5194
Download (63kB) | Preview
An original analysis is presented for nk-PPM in which the information is conveyed by the position of k pulses, each within their own frame of n-slots, giving nk-PPM symbols. Comparisons are made with multiple PPM (MPPM) and it is demonstrated that nk-PPM offers improved orthogonality; a simplified circuit implementation and comparable receiver sensitivity.▼ Jump to Download Statistics
|Additional Information:||This paper is a postprint of a paper submitted to and accepted for publication in Electronics letters and is subject to Institution of Engineering and Technology Copyright. The copy of record is available at IET Digital Library.|
|Uncontrolled Keywords:||Multiple pulse position modulation, optical wireless|
|Subjects:||T Technology > TK Electrical engineering. Electronics Nuclear engineering|
|Schools:||School of Computing and Engineering|
School of Computing and Engineering > Systems Engineering Research Group
1. CRYAN, R.A., UNWIN, R.T., GARRETT, I. SIBLEY, M.J.N., CALVERT, N.M.: ‘Optical fibre digital pulse position modulation assuming a gaussian pulse shape’, IEE Proc. J. Optoelectronics, 1990, 137, (4), pp. 89-96.
2. LEE, D.C., KAHN, J.M. ‘Coding and equalization for PPM on wireless infrared channels”, GLOBECOM 98, 1998, Vol. 1, pp. 201-6.
3. CRYAN, R.A., PHILLIPS, A.J., SENIOR, J.M. ‘Novel laser intersatellite system employing optically preamplified PPM receivers’, IEE Proc. Communications, 1995, 142, (1), pp. 15-20.
4. SUGIYAMA, H., NOSU, K. ‘MPPM: A method for improving the band-utilization efficiency in optical PPM’, J. Lightware Tech., 1989, 7, (3), pp. 465-72.
5. SIBLEY, M.J.N ‘Analysis of multiple pulse position modulation when operating over graded-index plastic optical fibre’, IEE Proc. Optoelectronics, 2004, 151, (6), pp. 469-75
6. SIMON, M.K., VILNROTTER, V.A. ‘Performance analysis and tradeoffs for dual-pulse PPM on optical communication channels with direct detection’, IEEE Trans. Commun., 2004, 52, (11), pp. 1969-79.
8. GEORGHIADES, C.N. ‘Modulation and coding for throughput efficient optical systems’, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, 1994, 40, pp. 1313-26.
|Depositing User:||Robert Cryan|
|Date Deposited:||18 May 2007|
|Last Modified:||28 Jul 2010 19:19|
Downloader CountriesMore statistics for this item...
Item control for Repository Staff only: